THE FarmBis program will continue in WA on July 1, according to Agriculture Minister Kim Chance.
The joint commonwealth and states/territory funded program was due to cease at the end of next month.
Mr Chance was speaking at WAFarmers Training launch last week when he announced the program would continue without disruption.
"FarmBis is a worthwhile investment," Mr Chance said.
"An appropriate program for the state is around $10m over the next four years.
"The State Government has made $2m immediately available through the Rural Business Development Corporation for the first year of the program."
Mr Chance was still waiting for the commonwealth to match the state's $2m contribution and therefore could not decide where the money would be distributed.
"I am confident that we will receive matching funds from the Australian Government to ensure the smooth implementation of the new program," Mr Chance said.
"The joint funding will ensure the first year of the program and I will be seeking funding to complete the remaining three years through the budget process."
The new program would continue until June 30, 2008.
However, the Federal Government had made it clear the new scheme would start on July 1, so the program would be finalised promptly.
A decision on the extended funding of the Dairy Traineeship to stage four was a step closer to being made after Mr Chance announced the future funding.