Some say it's market forces that drive agriculture forward. Some say it's science. Others still think it's climate, or land prices or technology. But what really drives agriculture forward is people.
Practice change happens in agriculture because growers are interested in learning from each other, sharing what they know, and collaborating in the best interests of the industry.
The Community and People category of the Growth Awards recognises those growers and advisers who make a leading contribution to their community, workers and fellow growers by creating networks, building connections and igniting conversations.
Meet the 2020 Community and People regional winners:
Community and People Growers:
- Anthony De Ieso, Grower, Adelaide, SA
- Brett South, Grower, Esperance, WA
- Sue Middleton , Grower, Wongan Hills, WA
Community and People Advisers:
- Alex Thomas, Adviser, Torrens Park, SA
- Grace Brennan, Adviser, Dubbo, NSW
- Josh McGregor, Adviser, Qld and NSW
The story Connections matter: People driving agriculture forward first appeared on The Land.